Monday, December 27, 2010

Oh the weather outside is frightful...but my desk is so delightful...not so much







Unless you live under a rock I'm sure you've noticed we've had a bit of a snow storm in the northeast, and instead of being snuggled up on some sort of bearskin rug in front of a roaring fire place drinking hot toddies (how does one spell the plural of toddy get back to me if you know) ; I the diligent employee that I am, made it in to work today, and I'm still here with like two other people.Christmas was actually pretty relaxing despite what I was anticipating (and the fact that I may have attempted to do a little bit of last minute shopping with a suitcase and all my other gifts at the Macy's in Herald Square before I got on the train from Penn, some tourists may be missing toes I was pretty reckless with where I was wheeling my suitcase), and I did get two out of the three things on my Christmas wish list, 42 inch flat screen from the parents…check (thanks guys!!); hair straightener…check (thanks to Nini and John for having that shipped all the way from Hong Kong, my weave is looking tremendous already!) and I subbed in a white noise machine instead of my request for an electric tea kettle and have been enjoying the sounds of summer rain lulling me to sleep (note if you purchase one of these things avoid the heartbeat setting it’s like something out of a horror movie and not even remotely sleep inducing). So there I was probably listening to summer rain or something yesterday morning at my dad’s house to be awoken to the sound of the telephone ringing, and my sister telling me to get my stuff together asap since there was some serious actual winter snow falling outside, and lots of it, and since the Long Island Railroad has been known to break down under the best of circumstances (namely Christmas Eve my mother got stuck on the train for two hours on a perfectly sunny zero precipitation afternoon) so I hurried onto the next available train and made it back into the city because clearly the investment banking industry would have completely fallen down had I not made it to work today, housing crisis pales in comparison to Breen not making it to work…puh-sha. The walk to work this morning was like some sort of post apocalyptic winter scene, I think I saw about 3 people and one car on my way in, crazy, here are some of the scenes from Christmas (including Poppa Breen tending bar and the Breen kids potentially overserved having photoshoots) and the city this morning, exciting stuff, particularly the shot where the One Gee courtyard is covered in snow and actually looks “clean” for once, shocking I know.

1 comment: